Friday, May 9, 2014

Finals.

So Finals. The last six days are upon us. We are eagerly anticipating Summer. We are scrambling to memorize notes and learn syllogisms. We are writing in blue-books and trying not to hyperventilate thinking about tests. Why am I taking the time to write a blog post then, when I clearly haven't had time for the past couple weeks? Why now, during the ominous week of finals? Balance, my young friend, balance. That's what finals week is all about. Study, take a test, relax and recover, and repeat. I'm in the recovering from a test stage so I need to spend some time regaining focus and re-motivating myself. The end is in sight.
This is the first finals week where I've been able to get into a more balanced schedule (granted, I've only had two in college) however, the last one was awful. I didn't realize till the Friday of finals week that I was fourteen hours behind on work, so in addition to my regular nine a week, I was catching up on those fourteen. Finals week was a blur to me. I honestly don't remember much about it, except the day in the middle where I was getting lunch and Dr. Cuddeback came and said hi to me. I might have told this story before, but it is worth retelling with the context of finals. The way the conversation went was "Hi Emily, how are finals going for you?" A very flustered and nervous wreck of an Emily answered (now, I want you to picture a sleep deprived, shaking, wide eyed girl who was splitting her time between working fourteen hours and three days and trying to study, okay, got that phantasm firmly cemented in your little noggin?) "Oh dear, well good, that is, I JUST CAN'T WAIT FOR IT TO BE OVER AND I'M JUST PRETENDING IT ISN'T HAPPENING." Dr. Cuddeback "...well don't ignore finals." At which I felt very embarrassed and promptly dropped my soup and he cleaned it up for me.
I can thankfully say that I am not a nervous wreck this time round. At least, relatively so. It's nice being able to relax and breathe and then study hard because I have taken that good break and feel refreshed. Yesterday we went swimming in the river and it was such a good way to break up the afternoon between studying theology and studying more theology (I had a theology exam this morning.)
So yeah. Finals. That's happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment