Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Beg-gulls in New York

It's been a while since I've written anything. I don't know whether I should put this under the umbrella-excuse of being a busy college student, or to a lack of inspiration (my other umbrella-excuse), or simply to pure laziness. Perhaps it is a mixture of the three. Maybe some day I will have gained the level of dedication necessary to produce a steady amount of blog posts per month, or maybe (and I rather think this more likely) ten years from now I'll still be posting ten blog posts one month and none the next. I know I'll still be writing- but that's a given.

First, a quick update. Mom, Kelli, Marcus, and Jordyn will be flying in tomorrow to come visit me. I can't wait. Also, I will be experiencing New York for the first time. I still think of New York as being across the country, and it's strange to think that really, I'm just a few hours away from it. Maybe driving there will make it seem closer. It's funny because I'm honestly just really looking forward to getting a cup of coffee and a bagel with my Mom. (Have I mentioned breakfast is my favorite?) As a random side note I apparently pronounce bagel funny, because every time I say it people mimic the way I said it. Monica tried to tell me how I said it by putting it this way "You say bag like beg and then at the gull to it so it sounds like beg-gull" but honestly, there is a difference between the way I say bag and the way I say beg. They are entirely different. Ah well. Apparently I make my check-marks backwards as well. Let's just put it down under quirks of Emily and be done with it.

Have I ever said I love surprises? That is, I love to put together surprises. I found the dearest little finger-bowls today and they're going to make the perfect surprise. I'm ever so pleased with them. They are just right, just right indeed.

I don't have very many other interesting things to put down, especially considering I ought to be studying Theology this very minute and every minute more that I spend typing is a minute less that I have to study. The guilt I impose on myself is a terrible thing. I guess I just want to add that I'm so thankful that I go to school here. I really am. I'm thankful that I have such good friends. Friends who drink coffee with me and with whom I can discuss ideas, hopes, dreams, imaginings and realities. It's very rare that you find people like that. I'm very blessed.





1 comment:

  1. “Joe Fox: Brinkley is my dog. He loves the streets of New York as much as I do. Although he likes to eat bits of pizza and bagels off the sidewalk and I prefer to buy them.”

    Have an awesome trip! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete