Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Emily's Random Stories

At the Library:

Carrot top boy: "Emilia, how art thou?"

External Emily: "verily well, I do indeed have the Latin book you seek."

Inward Emily: I have long dreamed of this day when I will be spoken to in a manner befitting a young woman belonging to a novel. Only at this school. I love my life.
-------------

Note to self: avoid sitting next to Jason of the golden locks. (Okay, fine, that was a bad reference to Jason and the golden fleece, I don't know why I thought that would work. It was funny in my head.) The fact of the matter is he cannot sit still. Seriously, he's as bad as sitting next to Eli. You would think he would have learned to control the wiggles by this point, but no. Shift, shift, wiggle, wiggle. Sit still Jason. First he was leaning over to my side of the table (and when I say my side, I'm not being selfish, this is a crowded class, there's only so much room at the table. You have to claim your writing space, and that was my writing space) and here's Jason leaning in on that, and suddenly he's rocking back in his chair, then he's chewing on his pen cap, then it's shift, shift, wiggle, wiggle. Inward Emily: No, you cannot elbow Jason and hiss at him like he was your brother. 
----------------
12:33 AM. Emily walking Monica back to her dorm (unrelated note, no she is not wearing a jacket or shoes, but IT'S LIKE TEN FEET, OKAY?)

Emily: "Goodnight, Monica."

Monica: "Goodnight, Emily."

Emily walks back.

Male voice "Sweetheart, you're going to catch your death of cold."

Exterior Emily: "Er, okay. What are you doing still out and about?"

Male voice transforms from creepy to goofy: "The night is still young, the night is still young."

Interior Emily: ARE YOU TRYING TO GIVE ME A HEART ATTACK? I THOUGHT YOU WERE A REGENCY VILLAIN LURKING IN THE SHADOWS CALLING ME SWEETHEART. SWEETHEART YOURSELF. I JUST ABOUT SWOONED OR STARTED SHRIEKING. NEVER AGAIN. I DON'T CARE THAT IT'S ONLY TEN FEET TO THE OTHER GIRLS DORM. NEVER. AGAIN.
-------------------
There I am sitting at my nice little corner desk in the computer lab, typing away, like the good little student that I am, and in walks Jason.

Jason sees Ruby sitting at a computer.

Jason opens his mouth.

Jason proclaims loudly "RUBY. WHAT ARE YOU DOING? THAT IS MY DESK. I SIT THERE EVERY NIGHT. YOU KNOW I DO. WHY WOULD YOU TAKE MY DESK?"

Emily hums happily to herself: happy little Emily typing away, good little Emily minding her own business, nice little Emily doing lots of work.

Jason turns, sees Emily. "EMILY. YOU SAW ME SITTING THERE LAST NIGHT. TELL HER."

Emily:

Emily:

Interior Emily: Don't you go involving me. I got nuthin' to do with this. Nuthin' at all.

Exterior Emily: "No comment."
----------------
Emily walks into a room and hears uproarious laughter.

Interior Emily: *sniff* Oh the unrestrained vulgarity of the modern age, with it's unrestrained laughter and boisterous common folk. Peasants. 

Emily walks out of the room.
----------------
Emily walking down the dip (the downward path) in the dark:

Upperclassman: "hi Emily."

Exterior Emily: *nods* "Hey."

Interior Emily: WHO ARE YOU? DO I KNOW YOU? HOW DO YOU KNOW MY NAME? HOW CAN YOU SEE ME? I WALK IN THE DARK, HOW IS IT THAT YOU CAN YOU SEE MY FACE?

#over-analyzing

(I USE THE HASH-TAG IRONICALLY, OKAY?)

Basically, I think the answer is laser vision. Everybody has laser vision but me.
----------------
Emily, musing: "hey, so you know that guy? Of course you know that guy, everybody knows that guy. ANYWAY. I think he's a werewolf. That is, he's not right now, but he has the potential of being one. He looks just like the sort of character in a book that would become one. The solder like coat, the hair that sticks up, the overly large smile when he walks by you. WEREWOLF."
-----------------

1 comment: